Wednesday, February 22, 2012

High School Teacher

Thanks to Lemuel Craft

As a high school teacher, I love my job, but there are times when I am pretty tired at the end of the day. I am sure that is true of all jobs, but dealing with high school students who are not always interested in learning can present its share of challenges. I also feel that give the amount of work that I do and the time and energy I invest in my students that the pay could be improved as well. Living as a single girl on a teacher’s salary is not too bad, but I definitely feel like I earn my paycheck. To make my paycheck last I am always looking for ways to save money. I switched to fixed-rate-energy through TexasElectricityProviders to lower my average monthly energy bill. I also cook big meals a couple of nights a week and eat the leftovers for several days. Some of my girlfriends hate leftovers and eat out far more often than I, but I am saving a lot of money by cooking frequently. I also buy the Sunday paper and coupon for groceries and even discounts to restaurants. While the pay is not perfect, I love teaching. I am willing to make sacrifices to do a job that is so rewarding. It also does not hurt to have summers off.

No comments:

Post a Comment